Would YOU spend a night CAMPING on a CLIFF?
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Camping trips are the staycation of choice for many Britons post-pandemic. Heading out to explore the great British outdoors is a fantastic way to spend a holiday.
But without a kitchen, Britons may be struggling to come up with creative ways to feed everyone with limited utensils.
Thankfully, the experts at campervan sharing platform PaulCamper have shared two quick and easy one-pot recipes that will help campers and holidaymakers fuel up for their adventures.
The Campfire Chorizo Hash recipe serves two.
To make it, campers will need 500g sweet potatoes, one tablespoon of vegetable oil, a diced white onion, a 200g tin of chickpeas, 150g chorizo, one tablespoon of smoked paprika, four medium free-range eggs, smokey chipotle sauce and salt and pepper.
READ MORE: ‘We can’t cope with the influx’: Waitress on ‘busiest ever’ Cornwall
Their method is simple easy to follow.
• Put the tablespoon of oil in a pan and allow it to get hot and dice your sweet potato into 1cm cubes.
• Put the sweet potato into the pan and cook until it has started to soften, this could take 10-15 minutes so ensure you occasionally stir and start prepping the other ingredients.
• Chop your chorizo and dice your onion into similar 1cm sized cubes and drain your chickpeas.
• When the potatoes have softened, add the onions and chorizo- cooking until the chorizo starts to crisp and the onions have become translucent.
• At this point add your smoked paprika and chickpeas into the mix, stirring well until the chickpeas are hot (around five minutes) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Once the chickpeas are hot, crack the eggs straight into the pan, wait for the whites to be completely cooked.
• Remove from the heat and serve in a bowl with some crusty bread.
• Optional: garnish with a few dashes of smokey chipotle sauce and a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley.
They also shared a Banger Cowboy Casserole recipe that serves two.
Campers will need one tin of baked beans, one tin of chopped tomatoes, one diced white onion, two tablespoons of mixed Italian herbs, one OXO cube, one tablespoon of tomato puree, one tablespoon of vegetable oil, four pork sausages and salt and pepper.
The method is as follow.
• Put the tablespoon of oil in a pan and allow it to get hot.
• Chop the onion and fry it in the pan to soften.
• Slice the sausages into thick 2cm discs and add to the onions.
• Once the sausages are cooked all the way through, add the tomato puree and stir thoroughly.
• After two minutes, add the whole tin of beans and tin of tomatoes, and stir.
• When the mixture starts to bubble, add the Italian herbs and season to taste.
• After another 4-5 minutes remove from the heat, and serve in a bowl with some crusty bread or on top of a baked potato
• Optional: garnish with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley or even some cheddar.
Source: Read Full Article