Which? Travel revealed Britain’s worst airports for security queues.
The organisation polled 4,000 passengers about how long they waited to get through the scanners.
And worryingly, one holidaymaker reported they had been held up for two hours.
While this incident isn’t the norm, there are some locations where you can expect to queue for more than 15 minutes.
And according to the survey, Belfast International is the worst offender when it comes to delays.
Those polled said they waited an average of 22.3 minutes to pass through to their gates.
Meanwhile, Manchester, London Stansted and Luton airpots can also leave travellers waiting for longer than the average.
Gross plane passenger leaves 'bag full of wee' tied to seat in front of them
London Heathrow didn’t leave passengers waiting for as long as you’d expect.
Even though it’s the busiest airport in the UK, it can get holidaymakers to their gates in less than 10 minutes.
Gatwick also seems to have a quick security process, with it taking around 8.6 minutes on average.
On the whole, smaller airports had the best reputation for speedy service.
Southampton and London Southend airports managed to complete the task in just over five minutes.
Large airport security wait times, according to Which? Travel
- Manchester T1 – 17 minutes
- Manchester T2 – 15.5 minutes
- Manchester T3 – 15.5 minutes
- London Stansted – 13.7 minutes
- London Luton – 11.7 minutes
- Birmingham – 10.6 minutes
- Edinburgh – 10.5 minutes
- Heathrow T3 – 10.3 minutes
- Heathrow T2 – 9.6 minutes
- Heathrow T4 – 9.4 minutes
- Gatwick North – 8.7 minutes
- Gatwick South – 8.6 minutes
- Heathrow T5 – 8.6 minutes
Small airport security wait times, according to Which? Travel
- Belfast International – 22.3 minutes
- East Midlands – 12.7 minutes
- Glasgow International – 12.2 minutes
- Leeds Bradford – 10.6 minutes
- Liverpool (John Lennon) – 10.1 minutes
- Bristol – 8.5 minutes
- Newcastle – 8.1 minutes
- Bournemouth – 7.7 minutes
- London City – 7.5 minutes
- Cardiff – 7.1 minutes
- Exeter – 6.9 minutes
- London Southend – 5.2 minutes
- Southampton – 5.2 minutes
Source: Read Full Article